Spring & Summer Field Trips
Planting Smiles Field Trip
Planting Smiles 2022 Has Been Cancelled
Anderson Farms has some big renovations planned this summer and will be unable to offer the Planting Smiles Field Trip. Fall Field Trips will return late September 2022. We can’t wait to show you what’s coming next!
A Lot of Fun!
Without seeds we would not be able to grow any farm products. During the tour students learn about the life of a plant from seed to maturity. Students tour the farm, see how seeds get started, and then plant Big Smiles – a sunflower variety that grows one to two feet tall. Each student takes home a potted seed. Along the way students will also get to meet some of Anderson Farms’ favorite animal friends, including our 20 pygmy goats. Expect to get your hands dirty!
Field Trip Includes
- Presentation of the life cycle of a pumpkin
- Interactive activity of planting a sunflower seed in a biodegradable pot
- Wagon ride to the pumpkin patch to plant a pumpkin seed
- Goat feed for every person in your group
- Free time to play in Kiddie Korral playground including Rainbow Krazy Maze, Tire Mountain, Sand Diggers, Wooden Train and Fort A-Lota-Fun.
- $10.00 per person
- All Staff admitted free with current Staff ID. (If making a reservation for a homeschool group, play group, etc., we will admit 1 adult free with 20 paid persons)
- All additional parents, siblings (2 & older) and chaperones must pay
- A wheelchair accessible wagon is available. Please let us know in your reservation so we can have it ready.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Expect to spend about 2 hours on the farm per field trip.
- Kids should wear clothes that can get dirty & sturdy walking shoes.
- Mother Nature dictates the conditions at the farm, so please advise students to prepare accordingly.
- Concessions are NOT available during our Planting Smiles Field Trips. Please bring your own lunch or snack to enjoy during your visit.
- Large Bus Parking Area
- Covered Picnic Areas