Fall Festival Season Jobs - Applications Now Open
Why Is The Job So Great?
Every day is different. Some days we have a small crowd that can be given extra attention, and some days are so action packed it’ll go by in a flash. We offer a family-friendly atmosphere that includes a variety of indoor and outdoor positions. Some are more physical than others, some have more interactions with guests than others. There is something for everyone.
Anderson Farms has a large variety of positions available each fall season. These are great jobs for mature and personable high school and college students, retired folks, stay at home parents and anyone looking for a way to interact with people!
Weekends are very busy at the farm, so many of the positions we fill are weekends only. This is a great opportunity for people who already have a full time job and are just looking for some extra income to catch up on bills or to save for a trip, Christmas gifts or that special item they’ve been wanting to splurge on.
Please keep in mind that many of these jobs are conducted outdoors during both day and night. The weather in September and October can be very warm, very cold or somewhere in between. We can have wind, rain or snow. Be prepared to work in any of these conditions as we do not close unless it becomes unsafe for staff and customers.
Cash handling experience required
All of our cash registers are tablet Point of Sale systems. We use both the Clover and Interactive Ticketing. Training will be provided. Typically, a cashier will learn one system.
- General Store & Pumpkin Sales
- Gem Mining Booth
- Paintball Gallery
In most cases yard staff members are rotated through many of the positions listed below.
- Gate Greeter
- Pedal Kart Attendant
- Yard Maintenance (trash pickup, bathrooms, etc)
- Wheelbarrow Pickup
- Pumpkin Picking Crew – Weekdays
- Animal Attendant
- Private Campfire Site Attendant
- And More!
- Party Pavilion Attendant
- Information Booth/Lost & Found
- Pumpkin Sizing Crew
You must have trailer pulling experience and a valid drivers license. All drivers must pass a tractor & wagon driving test before being hired for this position. Daytime and nighttime positions available. You must be at least 21 years old to drive a hayride wagon.
- Food Service
Position runs Monday – Friday 8:45 am – 3:00 pm. Shifts can be a little bit flexible to accommodate stay-at-home parents.
Field Trip Staff may assist in the following positions. Field Trip staff may be rotated through multiple positions.
Greeter: This position includes greeting students in the parking lot as they unload from their buses and cars. Students wait in a designated area outside the entrance until it is their turn to begin their class time.
Teacher: Teachers give students a 12-15 minute presentation on topics relevant to the farm. Teachers may see up to 3 groups per hour.
Hospitality: This position includes helping students unload from the wagon ride and guiding them to their assigned lunch area. A few hospitality staff may be assigned to collecting lunches from the parking lot and delivering them to the assigned lunch area.
Field Trips: Seniors & Special Needs Team Lead: This person will assist the Field Trip Manager specifically when there are senior citizen or special needs groups visiting the farm. These groups have a slightly different itinerary than field trips and need assistance getting checked in and being set up with a wheelchair accessible wagon ride. When no special groups are present, this team lead would be assisting the regular field trips as assigned by the field trip manager.
Yard Manager – Not Available in 2021
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Arriving first to open gates and doors
- Feed animals or make sure someone else does
- Verify all yard staff positions are filled for the day (notify office of any no-shows)
- Create lunch schedule and make sure everyone gets a break
- Resolve issues with upset customers
- Assist with missing child and medical emergencies
- Delegate tasks to Team Leads
- Discipline staff when necessary
- Have a general understanding of how all yard staff positions work including the equipment.
- Train yard staff Basic troubleshooting of broken equipment
- Work with picking crew to make sure produce is being restocked in the general store and donations are being picked (on weekdays)
- Make sure staff is cleaning Jump Pads (Monday & Tuesday)
- Stay after closing until all customers and staff members have left for the day
- Close up gates, lock doors
Assistant Yard Manager – Not Available in 2021
This person will assist the Yard Manager(s) on duty with many of the positions above.
Kitchen Manager – Not Available in 2021
The kitchen manager will be responsible for the following
- Place all food orders for concessions including the remote food service locations on the farm & manage food inventory
- Manage inventory of all concessions items such as cups, straws, napkins, forks etc
- Schedule all concessions related staff members during Fall Festival
- Manage all concessions staff in main concessions and any satellite
- Make sure that the kitchen and surrounding area is clean at all times
- Learn and follow all Weld County health department standards
- Meet state certification requirements Maintain & service kitchen equipment as needed
- Assist in menu choices and pricing (work with office as needed)
- Learn and be able to train cashiers on Clover POS system
- Assist with end of year parties as needed
- Assist in lunch prep for set up and tear down crews
Assistant Kitchen Manager
The assistant kitchen managers help with opening and closing duties (one or the other on weekends) especially when the kitchen manager is not on shift. This person will assist the kitchen manager with many of their duties including but not limited to food prep, inventory, cleaning and cashiering.
Team Leads are expected to work alongside other team members doing the same tasks. The team lead should have a strong knowledge of the position. The team lead takes direction from that department’s manager and delegates tasks as necessary.
Maintenance Team Lead
This person will be the leader of all maintenance and custodial duties. You must be able to work with and lead a team of employees. The maintenance team lead will communicate with the yard manager on duty. This person will also per responsible for making sure team members get lunch breaks.
Weekend day lead: must be available every Saturday and Sunday. May also be needed on some Fridays.
Night time lead: must be available Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night shifts. Also in charge of wheel barrow collection.
Wheelbarrow Team Lead
This person is in charge of wheel barrow collecting and crew. Must be available every Saturday and Sunday day shift. This person will communicate with the yard manager. This person must be physically able to load and unload wheelbarrows. You must be able to work with and lead a team of employees. You must coordinate routes so wheelbarrows are collected in the most efficient manner and keep track of inventory behind the general store. Must help make sure wheelbarrow crew receives a lunch break.
Campfire Team Lead
This person in charge of campfire rentals and campfire team. You must be available to work every night shift. This person will communicate with the yard manager. You must be able to work with and lead a team of employees. Must keep track of daily rental schedule and party locations. Must coordinate with pavilion rental team lead for shift change.
Pavilion Rentals Team Lead
This person will be in charge of all pavilion rentals (i.e. birthday parties, corporate events, etc.). Must be available every Saturday and Sunday day shift. This person will communicate with the yard manager. You must be able to work with and lead a team of employees. Must keep track of daily rental schedule and party locations. Must coordinate with campfire team lead for shift change
Picking Crew Team Lead
This person will keep track of what is needed in the general store for the upcoming weekend (i.e. cornstalk bundles, Indian corn, gourds, straw bales, etc.). This person will also coordinate with manager for donations and bulk orders. You must be able to work with and lead a team of employees. You must be available 3 of the following days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday; weekly.
Field Trips: Seniors & Special Needs Team Lead
This person will assist the Field Trip Manager specifically when there are senior citizen or special needs groups visiting the farm. These groups have a slightly different itinerary than field trips and need assistance getting checked in and being set up with a wheelchair accessible wagon ride. When no special groups are present, this team lead would be assisting the regular field trips as assigned by the field trip manager.
Some positions require an employee to have a valid driver’s license. The employee would have to provide proof that he/she has a valid driver’s license when offered employment.
Half day and full day shifts available.
For all positions, you must be:
- Enthusiastic, friendly, and enjoy working with the public
- Neat and clean
- Reliable and punctual
- At least 16 years old
- Willing to work in a variety of weather conditions