Planting Smiles Field Trip
Tuesdays and Wednesdays ONLY
April 24, 2018 – July 25, 2018
There will be no field trips July 3rd or 4th
A Reservation & 15 Person Minimum Required.
Recommended for Preschool – 5th grade.
Without seeds we would not be able to grow any farm products. During the tour students learn about the life of a plant from seed to maturity. Students tour the farm, see how seeds get started, and then plant Big Smiles – a sunflower variety that grows one to two feet tall. Each student takes home a potted seed. Along the way students will also get to meet some of Anderson Farms’ favorite animal friends, including our 20 pygmy goats. Expect to get your hands dirty!
Credit card information is required at the time of the reservation in order to HOLD the field trip date and time. The reserving credit card will only be charged in the event of a NO-SHOW or cancellation. When you cancel a field trip it leaves a vacancy in our schedule that cannot be filled at late notice. If you cancel one date and reschedule for another date this season, there is no penalty. Field trips cancelled and not rescheduled with 24 hours notice or no-shows, will be billed at $75 per group scheduled.
Field Trip Includes:
- Presentation of the life cycle of a pumpkin
- Interactive activity of planting a sunflower seed in a biodegradable pot
- Wagon ride to the pumpkin patch to plant a pumpkin seed
- Goat feed for every person in your group
- Free time to play in Kiddie Korral playground including Rainbow Krazy Maze, Tire Mountain, Sand Diggers, Wooden Train and Fort A-Lota-Fun.
- $7.00 per person
- All Staff admitted free with current Staff ID. (If making a reservation for a homeschool group, play group, etc., we will admit 1 adult free with 20 paid persons)
- All additional parents, siblings (2 & older) and chaperones must pay
- We will NO LONGER be offering a Title I Discount.
- A wheelchair accessible wagon is available. Please let us know in your reservation so we can have it ready.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Expect to spend about 2 hours on the farm per field trip.
- Kids should wear clothes that can get dirty & sturdy walking shoes.
- Mother Nature dictates the conditions at the farm, so please advise students to prepare accordingly.
- Concessions are NOT available during our Planting Smiles Field Trips. Please bring your own lunch or snack to enjoy during your visit.
- Large Bus Parking Area
- Covered Picnic Areas
Teachers with confirmed reservations click HERE for reservations and arrival information