Planting Smiles Field Trip
Tuesdays and Wednesdays ONLY
April 23rd – July 31st, 2013
Recommended for Preschool – 5th grade.
Without seeds, we would not be able to grow any farm products. During the tour students learn about the life of a plant from seed to maturity. Students tour the farm, see how seeds get started, and then plant Big Smiles – a sunflower variety that grows one to two feet tall. Each student takes home a potted seed. Along the way students will also get to meet some of Anderson Farms’ favorite animal friends including Miles the Buffalo. Expect to get your hands dirty!
Note: Field Trip reservations are required 48 hours in advance & require a 15 child minimum.
Field Trip Includes:
- Presentation of the life cycle of a pumpkin
- Interactive activity of planting a sunflower seed in a biodegradable pot
- Hayride to the pumpkin patch to plant a pumpkin seed
- Hayride stop at animal acres to feed and pet Scottish Highland cattle and Miles the Buffalo
- Free time to see other animals and to play in Kiddie Korral playground
- $6 per person
- All additional parents, siblings (2 & older) and chaperones must pay
- One teacher admitted free per 20 students
Things to Keep in Mind:
Expect to spend about 2 hours on the farm per field trip. Kids should wear clothes that can get dirty & sturdy walking shoes. Mother Nature dictates the conditions at the farm, so please advise students to prepare accordingly.
- Covered Picnic Areas Available, Large Bus Parking Area, Playground available after your tour
- Ther farm does not have a concessions stand open during the spring/summer. Please bring your own lunch or snack to enjoy during your visit.
Click here to Book your Field Trip Now!!